Monday, February 12, 2007

The Police, The Grammy's Performance , The Newly Announced Tour

Ok, I must admit that I preferred to watch The Simpson's over The Grammys this year. Actually, I could give a rats arse about The Grammys as I'm one of those people who hate awards shows due to the amount of bias and political bureaucracy that ultimately praises the bad and alienates the good...not in ALL cases mind you, and I can watch The Police's performance on You Tube. but I digress. This is about The Police! According to the Contra Costa Times Stewart Copeland was smiling wildly as Sting, Andy, and himself played "Roxanne" in honor of the 30th anniversary of the song as well as to announce The Police's summer tour. Sweet a summer tour! But is this going to be a greatest hits tour or will we get to hear what might have been after Synchronicity? Ah, who cares, if we get some new material call it a bonus. I just can't wait to see The Police live. Hopefully Sting is over his adult contemporary, save the rain forest, "I can have sex for days" attitude and remember how to punk it up a bit and remember that elevators are not where his music belongs. Now, there is some question as to who is going to open for The Police? I almost gagged when I heard Evanescence being thrown around. Evanescence? Eee, Gad. I've also heard The Fray (puke), The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (boy band punk pop - not good), and Sting's own son's (Joe Sumner) band, Fiction Plane (They sound damn good actually) opening. Who in THEE hell picks these bands to open for THE POLICE? How about someone like XTC, U2, The Cars, The Fixx, The Outfield, or Men at Work? Sure some of these bands don't really exist anymore, but if you're going to do a reunion tour why not do it right? Get some openers from the time when The Police were together. ..and who are actually, GOOD? Anyway, enjoy the original video for "Roxanne" and we'll see you at the show! (Firefox users may be asked for a plug in to watch the video) Oh, and if Firefox still gives you trouble (No thanks to Microsoft's stupid software) then check out these pictures of the Police.