Thursday, September 7, 2006

Angels & Airwaves - "We don't need to Whisper" - Worst Album of the year? I'd say, YES. - (album review)

CRAPPY ALBUM

Man, oh man, oh man, did Tom DeLonge put together a good band with a really, really bad album. I think this is one of the very few albums I actually wanted to rush back to the store and strangle the cashier to give me my money back.

The problem is that I had such high hopes for this band (obviously being carried by Tom DeLonge's fame w/ Blink 182). I don't care what anyone says, Blink rocked and they made no apologies for being Greenday like punks, just having fun playing high energy music that appealed to a mass of teenagers. Blink's music was tight, had great guitar licks, and had probably one of the best rock drummers around today, Scott Raynor (who I now hate along with one of my old fav's Dave Navarro for going all "Reality show" on me - what a waste)

So that being said, what the hell was Tom DeLonge thinking!?? Wait, wait, I know...he was thinking "Man, I'm so huge with Blink that I think I'll start a new band..yeah! a band that I can control, yeah! and this new delay pedal makes me sound just like the Edge! Oh, oh, and I'll basically write one song, put a ton of reverb on all the instruments, Oh! and I'll use this new delay pedal on EVERY song which will make all of them sound EXACTLY the same. I'll also take the same lyrics and same droaning vocals and use them on every tune too! My fans will be bored to tears! It'll be SO Rad!

In short. This album sucks. Don't waste your money. Oh! And remember the list of musicians as being the luckiest people on the planet? Example: Michael Anthony of VH. Well, add the rest of the members of Angels & Airwaves because even though this album bites...they'll probably still make some money. Blah.



Instead of this crap check out some really old Blink: Dude Ranch